Our Terms and Conditions
Welcome to our website. We have approached the layout with you in mind and promise to respect your rights to privacy at all times.
1. Acceptance of Orders
The Company (Halliday Healthcare). All orders recieved by the company are subject to the following Terms and Conditions without variation.
2. Pricing and Payment
All prices shown on the website are exclusive of value-added tax (VAT). VAT will be applied at the current rate on all orders, unless a vaid VAT exemption form is received and authorised. None Account Customers are required to tender payment in full with their order. Payment is accepted by debit or credit card.
3. Deliveries and Carriage
Any delivery dates and times specified by the company are approximate. The customer shall make necessary arrangements to take delivery of the goods at the date and time specified. Delivery is free to addresses within the UK mainland, for orders over £75 excluding VAT (with the exception of bulky items or goods which need installation). Orders below £75 excluding VAT will incur a £8.50 (ex VAT) small order handling charge. Deliveries to Northern Ireland and Offshore locations may vary. Please ensure your deliveries are correct, undamaged by transport, and that the correct number of packages have been delivered before signing for the delivery. Should any discrepancy or damage occur please notify Halliday Healthcare Ltd within 3 working days from receipt.
Goods are supplied according to the descriptions and specifications given in the Company catalogue. The Company gives no warranty and makes no representation as to the suitability of any goods for any particular purpose unless expressly given or made in the catalogue. Where goods are supplied with the benefit of a warranty, the warranty will only continue to apply providing correct operation, cleaning, and handling has been in line withe manufacturer's guidelines.
5. Retention of Title
All goods supplied by the Company remain Company property until such time as payment has cleared for aforementioned goods. The risk in goods sold to the customer shall pass to the customer upon tender for delivery.
6. Return of Goods
Goods are not supplied on a sale or return basis, and the Company is under no obligation to accept goods for return unless goods prove to be faulty. If goods are accepted for return this is subject to the customer accepting the following procedure and conditions:
- The Customer must notify the Company within 3 days of receipt of goods, their intention to request a product return
- Goods must be returned in their original condition or packaging
- Goods will be collected by a courier authorised by the Company
- Goods authorised and accepted by Halliday Healthcare for credit or return will incur a £6.50 handling charge
- No replacements are available whilst goods are exchanged, replaced or repaired
- The Company is bound by the manufacturer's terms, and reserves the right to raise a reasonable restocking charge.
- In the event that the customer is not satisfied with the goods, but the goods are not defective, the Company reserves the right to refuse the return of the goods at their absolute discretion.
The following category of goods will not be accepted for return:
- Goods which are single use or body worn
- Non-Stocked items
- Products ordered to the customer's specification
- Goods damaged due to misuse or unauthorised repair
- Opened/Partly used goods or where the seals/labels have been removed
- Goods damaged by fire, water or smoke
Customers are reminded that it is illegal to send contaminated goods through the post. The Company reserves the right not to handle items that do not meet specific requirements.
7. Restriction and Exclusion of Liability
- If any products supplied by the Company prove on inspection at the time of delivery to be defective in material or manufacture the Company undertakes at its option to replace the same or refund to the customer the price of the defective products.
- Where the Company is liable to the Customer for any loss or damage suffered by the Customer in accordance with these Terms and Conditions, the Company's liability will in no circumstances exceed the cost of replacement of the defective products or the price paid by the Customer for the defective products in question (whichever is lower)
- The Company shall not be liable for any loss of profit (whether direct or indirect or consequential), nor any indirect or consequential loss whatsoever suffered by the Customer, whether this loss arises from a breach of a duty in contract or in tort or in any other way, without limitation including any such loss arising from the Company's negligence.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions seeks to limit or exclude the Company's liability in anyway for death or personal injury resulting from the negligence of the Company or its empolyee, nor does the Company seek to limit or exclude liability in circumstances of fraud. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall affect the statutory rights of a person dealing with the Company as a customer.
8. Property Law
These Terms and Conditions and the rights and obligations of the parties to the contract shall be governed, interpreted and construed solely in accordance with the laws of England.
Every reasonable care has been taken to ensure that the descriptions are accurate, however specifications may change. Sometimes product specifications from the manufacturer change. In such instances we will do our best to offer you an alternative and will inform you at the time of ordering. All sizes and measurements are approximate but we do try to make sure they are as accurate as possible. On the rare occasion when there is an error in the catalogue, we will do our best to inform you at the time you order. Sometimes we may experience problems with the supply of certain products and may therefore provide a substitute of the same or better quality at the same price.
10. Use of your personal information
We may use information about you as follows:
- To fulfil our agreement with you, including administering any accounts, processing and obtaining payment.
- To analyse and profile your shopping preferences (e.g. market, customer and product analysis) to enable us to review, develop and improve the products and services that we offer and enable us to provide you and other customers with relevant information through our marketing programme. We may use your information to make decisions about you using computerised technology, for example, automatically selecting products or services that we think will interest you from the products we have. We may keep you informed of such products and services (including special offers, discounts, competitions and so on) by any of the following methods: email, telephone, post, fax or otherwise (including products and services of other companies and organisations) which we consider may be of interest to you.
- To administer any prize draws or competitions you may enter.
- We will not disclose or pass on your information to any 3rd party.
11. Online Ordering
The information provided on the Halliday Healthcare Website is intended to be used only by the customer. The Company does not authorise the use of such information for any purpose other than your use as immediate consumer and prohibits the use of this information for commercial purposes. Our online registration process requires you to submit a password which you will need to access your account. You will be responsible for the security of this password. The Company will not be liable for any loss resulting from the misuse of your password. Orders placed on the internet shall be mere offers to purchase and shall not be accepted or binding upon the Company until confirmed or acknowledged in writing by the Company by means of invoice or statement confirming acceptance of your order or by dispatch of goods to you.
Halliday Healthcare Limited
Bacup OL13 8BZ